What is Mexican slang for cool?
Chido/a is a Mexican adjective meaning “awesome” or “cool”. It's used the same the way you would use guay in Spain. For example: Es un vato chido – He's a cool guy!
Dope - Cool or awesome. Extra - Over-the-top, extreme. Fit - Short for outfit.
Que onda in Spanish is a way friends and family welcome each other in an informal situation. Remember, if you're using que onda as a greeting, it should be with someone you already know or in a casual scenario. Que onda is not acceptable in formal or elegant situations.
In Mexico, If you want to indicate that a man is your boyfriend, call him mi morro. If it is a girlfriend, call her mi morra.
By the late 1980s, chulo was an insult, referring to an effeminate man or a pimp. In the 1990s, when Mexican-Americans were referred to as chulos, the term carried with it overtones of class—lower-income gangsters and recent immigrant laborers were insultingly referred to as chulos.
Guay can be translated as cool, great, or awesome (depending on where you're from and your age!). Nowadays (mainly young) Americans would say “lit” but it's mostly translatable as cool.
(slang, uncountable) The state of being cool, i.e. good or pleasing. (slang, countable) The result or product of being cool, i.e. good or pleasing.
- Awesome. You can say something is “awesome” if you want to imply that you are impressed. ...
- Nice! You can say something is “nice” when you want to express admiration. ...
- Sweet! Similar to “nice”, you can say sweet when you want to convey admiration. ...
- Excellent. ...
- Dope. ...
- Killer. ...
- a ten / a perfect ten. This probably comes from rating people's appearance on a scale of 1 to 10.
- a looker / a stunner. ...
- hot stuff. ...
- foxy (usually used for women, with “lady”) ...
- a stud / a hunk (only for men) ...
- a babe (usually for women, although occasionally for men as well)
Papi chulo ("cute daddy" in Caribbean Spanish) is a Spanish term of endearment for males.
How do Mexicans say wow?
¡Guau! This interjection is an anglicism, as it's the Spanish spelling of the English word “wow!” It's used to express surprise, admiration, or even disappointment. ¡Guau!
Ese, amigo, hombre. Or, in English slang, dude, bro, homey. Ese is a Mexican-Spanish slang term of address for a fellow man.
- Atractivo/a. Atractivo/a is perhaps the best translation of “hot” when talking about a person. ...
- Guapo/a. Guapo means handsome or hot, while guapa translates to beautiful or hot. ...
- Bueno/a. ...