Can I change Alexa wake word to anything I want?
You can change the wake word directly on your Echo device using voice commands. Say “Alexa, change your wake word.” Alexa will say “OK, you can choose from Amazon, Computer, Echo, or Ziggy — which of these do you like?”
To do this, simply tap the Customized option on the Alexa Says screen and type in what you'd like Alexa to say in response. Your response can be any phrase up to 250 characters. If you're wondering (let's be real, you are wondering), you can't make Alexa curse.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Under Alexa Preferences, select Voice Responses.
- Select Brief Mode to toggle on or off.
- Open the Alexa app .
- Open Devices. and select Echo & Alexa.
- Select the device that you want to change the wake word.
- Select settings and then scroll under General and select Wake Word.
- Select a wake word from the Celebrity Wake Word list, and then select OK.
Our devices detect wake words by identifying acoustic patterns that match the wake word, so a lot of consideration goes into the selection. We chose 'Ziggy' not only because it performed well in testing but it's fun and reflects Alexa's wealth of knowledge on everything from A to Z.
Open the Alexa app . Open More and select Settings. Select Music & Podcasts, and then Explicit Language Filter. Switch the feature on or off.
To access the secret mode, you should say: "Alexa, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start."
So a couple of months back, a fun Easter egg that would be identified and enjoyed by retro gamers was discovered. This was the Super Alexa mode. If you would like to activate the Super Alexa Mode, say the subsequent voice command: “Alexa, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start.”
- Launch the Alexa app on your device, phone, or tablet.
- Navigate to the “More” option and click on it.
- After that, click on “Skills & Games” from the list.
- You'll see the search box, type Jarvis here in it.
- Tap “Enable To Use” to enable the voice pack.
Use the Alexa app to turn Brief Mode on or off and adjust the length of Alexa responses.
- Open the Alexa app .
- Open More and select Settings.
- Select Voice Responses.
- Turn Brief Mode on or off.
Does Alexa always have to say OK?
A: Yes Amazon has heard people's request to turn off the verbal response of OKAY. Go to settings scroll down to General Alexa Voice Responses click on it. There is a toggle Switch to turn on Brief Mode. By switching this on your Echo will no longer say Okay after you make a request.